Friday, August 14, 2009

Daddy's Little Girl

Well this was a huge surprise, NOT!! Caitlin is such a Daddy's Girl. David has been picking Caitlin up from School lately so I don't get the excited look from her when she is picked up. Well not only did Caitlin hang out with Dada for a couple of hours before I got home this whole week, she didn't want me to put her to bed tonight. I got to feed her, which she didn't want because Dada was outside and she wanted to go out there and I gave her her bath which she wasn't too happy with me because she wanted to stay in the the tub longer. Caitlin really didn't want her Mama today. So sad! On a happier note she did start waving hi. That was really cool. I look at her and she has this look of excitement and love. I wish I could just squeeze her without her getting fussy. I have also learned that she loves the outdoor. I hope that David and I can create this great outdoors for her that she will enjoy.

On a different note, Caitlin will hear from her Buelo everyday if she is in a talkative mood and today she got to hear from him. I am so happy my Dad got to meet Caitlin. I know my Mom is looking over her from heaven but I do wish that Caitlin would have met her in the flesh. My Mom would not have wanted to miss anything in Caitlin's life which could have made for some very busy weekends driving to Brownsville or having company staying over all the time. Regardless, I know that Caitlin is loved though I wish we had more family time from our extended family. I guess I will never be able to have everything I want but this should not be this difficult to accomplish. Hopefully if all turns out well my Dad and brothers are coming to visit soon.

My Dad is so funny sometimes. He will always say, "give my little girl lots of kisses", but lately he has changed it up a little. Now he continues to say, "give my little girl lots of kisses and hugs but not too many because it would be like I would be giving them to David." He'll also say something like, "my poor little girl, she's got her Dad's face." (of course in spanish it makes a little more sense). Anyway, yesterday I finally had a good combat. I told him, "well Dad that's ok" and of course he said, "nooooo, how?". So I continued, "it is ok since your not giving her the hugs and kisses, it's me!" He got so tickled that he gave me credit for my statement. I love my Dad and I feel so good that he is so entertained with my family. I know that he loves, admires and respects David and that makes me feel really, really good. Even though my Dad has never said this, I know that David will always hold a special place in his heart.

No comments: