Sunday, December 20, 2009

Early Christmas Present


Caitlin had lots of excitment this week and weekend. This week started off by having very little friends at the daycare since lots of parents are getting off for the holiday which means lots more attention for Caitlin. One day at daycare we got there a little early so I had time to sit there with her while she ate breakfast and she had three pancakes. (little ones but still three) Pretty soon, Mr. Leo is going to start charging us more for Caitlin's appetite. He's always a great sport and will say, "Do you feed her at night?". I always come back with, "She just loves your cooking, Mr. Leo!!" It's so funny how she has him wrapped around her little finger. One other morning, she kept pointing at the plate because it was empty and Mr Leo said, "Should I give her some more?" after her second piece of toast with jelly. I said, "hmmm, I don't think she'll eat it. That's alot of food." He then went to the kitchen to make her some more and she followed since all the kids had gone to their rooms. Once he got her the toast he told her she could go to her classroom and eat and she did as she was instructed. One morning, she had oatmeal and she usually has two bowls but that morning I actually got her to eat her applesause so she didn't need an additional bowl. Though I think if I would have served  her another she would have eaten it. I promise we do feed her at night...plenty. Anyway, then on Friday the daycare had Santa come visit. I took the morning off to join them and that was lots of fun. I took pictures of all the kids and most of them seemed to like Santa but there were a few that didn't like him at all and Caitlin was one of them. When it came to her room to come visit with Santa, Caitlin was crying and throwing herself on the floor trying to get away from him. Luckily, David got out of work early and came to the daycare also before Santa left and was able to take a few pictures with Caitlin and Santa. That's the only way she would get close to him. Brooke on the other hand loved Santa. She enjoyed sitting on his lap and would laugh with him. Caitlin and Brooke are BBFs for now. (i think). They say hi to each other in the morning at the very least. Most of the time they hug each other or have soft touches. Luckily Brooke doesn't remember that Cailtin bit her thumb and took skin off.

This weekend was awesome!! Saturday, Joe and Magda came over for about an hour to visit with Caitlin. Though their visits aren't often or long enough, Caitlin really seems to enjoy them. She played with Grandma Magda and Grampa Joe. I saw glimps of love and tenderness in Joe's eyes. He treated her with such tenderness. I really, really enjoyed their visit and wished we had more moments like that. I think Caitlin is so lucky because I grew up without grandparents. My Dad's mother was the only one that I ever new and the only memory i have of her is her funeral. Though i do have pictures with her and of her i don't remember her at all. Anyway, I think Caitlin is very lucky because she has three grampas and two grandmas. I just hope she gets to interact with them more often. Saturday evening, David took his girls on a date but Caitlin ended sleeping at the Tai Restaurant. The date was GREAT!! I got to eat my food while it was still hot.

Sunday, we were suppose to go to church but didn't. Caitlin woke up super early and David took care of her while I slept in. He's so sweet! I was so tired since Caitlin Saturday did the same thing, and decided to wake up early. I let David sleep in on Saturday because I knew he wasn't feeling well. I'm not sure if it was allergies or something because he had a headache on Friday and Saturday. Needless to say, we both needed a break so early in the morning and he chose to give me the extra much needed sleep. Though I'm not sure if that was such a great idea since i should be sleeping now and I'm not very sleepy at 11pm. Regardless, not the most productive weekend but a great weekend for sure.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: